Pomorstvo - Scientific Journal of Maritime Research
Publisher: Faculty of Maritime Studies Rijeka, University of Rijeka
Adress: Studentska 2, 51000 Rijeka
Phone: 051 338 411
The Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka has been publishing the Scientific Journal of Maritime Research since 1999. The journal is the successor of the “Conference Proceedings”, first published in 1964.
Aim and Scope – The Scientific Journal of Maritime Research promotes science, profession, the scientific thought and a scientific approach in the multidisciplinary area of the technical, social, humanistic and other sciences within the complex field of Maritime Studies.
Purpose, goal and thematic orientation of the journal mostly focuses on: the development of theoretical and practical hypotheses, analysis of terms, publishing results of basic and applied research… in activities, operations, processes and relations at sea or related to the sea.
The authors of the papers published are scientists and experts in the mentioned areas, both from Croatia and abroad. All the papers are published in the English language and are subjected to a review process. Since 2006, the journal has been issued twice a year (in June and December).
In addition to the Editorial Board, the members of which are professors of the Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka, the Journal has an International Scientific Advisory Board, with distinguished scientists from abroad as members. Each author is responsible for the content of his/her paper published in the journal. Therefore, the Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka, as the publisher, is exempt from any responsibility regarding the consequences which may occur after the paper is published.
The Journal is financially supported by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia and by the Foundation of the University of Rijeka (depends on approval).
Papers published in the Journal of Maritime Studies are included in the data bases of:
• WoS CC (Web of Science Core Collection) – ESCI Emerging Sources Citation Index, Clarivate Analytics, USA
• ASFA (CSA) - Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts, CSA, Maryland, USA
• BMT - British Maritime Technology Abstracts, Teddington, United Kingdom
• CiteFactor (Academic Scientific Journals), USA
• COBISS/OPAC, Virtualna knjižnica Slovenije, Slovenija • CSA (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - Oceanic Abstracts, Maryland, USA
• DOAJ; Directory of Open Access Journals, Lund University, Sweden
• EBSCO Publishing – Ipswich, MA, USA
• EJOL – Electronic Journals Online Library, Institut Ruđer Bošković, Zagreb, Hrvatska
• GEOBASE - The Bibliographic database for the Earth, Geographical and Ecological Sciences, Elsevier
• HRČAK - Central portal of Croatian scientific journals, Zagreb, Croatia
• INSPEC – Database published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK
• NSK – National and University Library, Zagreb, Croatia
• SCOPUS -Elsevier's abstract and indexing (A&I) database, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• TRIS – Transportation Research and Information Services, Washington, DC, USA
Journal is published twice a year (in June and December).
Journal is published twice a year. Edition 200 copies.
Subscription for organizations and institutions ammounts HRK 40.00, for persons HRK 20.00.
Price in the Faculty bookshop for students ammounts HRK 10.00 and HRK 20.00 for others.
The Council of Science Editors and its Editorial Policy Committee encourage everyone involved in the journal publishing process to take responsibility for promoting integrity in scientific journal publishing (Scott-Lichter D and the Editorial Policy Committee, Council of Science Editors. CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, 2012 Update. 3rd Revised Edition. Wheat Ridge, CO: 2012).
CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, 2012 Update.pdf
Open Access Statement The Journal of Maritime Studies is an open access journal. This enables open access, search, reading, downloading, distribution and other legal use. The Croatian Open Access Declaration was taken from http://www.fer.unizg.hr/oa2012/deklaracija
The Scientific Journal of Maritime Research does not charge any fee for publishing, reading or downloading papers.
Plagiarism is a form of piracy that involves the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language (figures, images or tables) and thoughts of others and the representation of them as one’s own original work without permission or acknowledgment by the author of the source of these materials. Plagiarism generally involves the use of materials from others, but can apply to researchers’ duplication of their own previously published reports without acknowledgment (this is sometimes called self-plagiarism or duplicate publication). (Council of Science Editors. Sample correspondence. Available at: http://www.councilscienceeditors.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3335 (Accessed October 18, 2018).
License terms and copyright
The journal operates under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. Authors retain the copyright and publishing rights of all articles and materials published in the journal under their name as long as proper attribution is respected.